The Best Weeks to Visit
Walt Disney World in 2013
What are the best weeks to visit Walt Disney World in 2013. Dad knows. Yes, Dad's a bit biased about the top one or two, but in my (not so) humble opinion, these are the perfect weeks to go to on the perfect vacation.
As we say all the time, anytime is a good time to visit WDW, but there are some weeks that are better than others. There are a couple of weeks (Christmas Week and the 4th of July Week) when it's kinda crazy around Orlando. There are some weeks where it's a ghost town. So when is the best time to go in 2013? Check it out.
Christmas Season at Walt Disney World
The Top 5
OK, you asked for it. Here is it. Dad's list of the best weeks to visit Walt Disney World in 2013. And the the top 5 are ..
- The Week after Thanksgiving - Dad loves Christmas at Disney World, in fact, it's just "the most wonderful time of the year" in all ways. But at Walt Disney World it's almost the perfect time to plan a vacation. Crowds are low, the weather is beautiful and the Christmas decorations and shows are all up and running. In a word it's perfect. Yes even though in 2013 this is also the first week in December (usually Pop Warner Week) Pop Warner has been moved to the second week in December.
NOTE: A little shine has fallen off of Dad's pick with the announcement of the dates for FREE DINING in the Fall. For some reason the week after Thankgiving wasn't included. That's a big deal. I assumed it would be part of FREE DINING when I selected it for my number 1 week.
- The first full week in November - yes, another week in November, but this one is really special. This is the week that Disney transitions from Halloween in the Magic Kingdom to Christmas all around the park. It's also the last week of the International Food and Wine Festival.
- The second week in June - here's one for those who have school age children. Summer is a crazy time at Walt Disney World, but the second week in June is still pretty calm. (The same thing doesn't apply to the first week.) The weekend is usually the last Star Wars Weekend at Disney Hollywood Studios.
- All of September - September is probably the lowest crowd month of the year. If you want to avoid crowds and see WDW with no lines at all, then September is the month for you. There are some drawbacks like a lot of maintenance goes on at that time, but it's really a great time for a trip.
The first week in May - the first week in May is a beautiful time to see Walt Disney World, especially Epcot. It's the last week of Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival. Again, crowds are low and the weather is about perfect. Check it out.
Honorable Mention - There is one more week I have to mention when it comes to the top weeks to visit Disney World. It doesn't make the top 5 weeks to visit Walt Disney World in 2013 because I don't want to add another Christmas week. The second week of December is another great week to experience the Magic of Christmas at Disney World.
Dad's Best Weeks to Visit Disney World - Click on picture for full size
Weeks to avoid
There are a couple of weeks you should avoid. These are the busiest weeks of the year. Crowds will be so bad that the parks will close and not let any new guests in. If you go during this time, just know you are going to encounter lines of biblical proportion. "Dogs and cats living together ..." You know what I mean.
- The week between Christmas and New Years - Christmas Day to New Years Day is the busiest time of the year. Almost half a million people will try to crowd into the parks every day. Yes, the shows are the best of the year, but it can take an hour just to get a hot dog.
- The 4th of July week - speaking of half a million people, the 4th of July draws almost that many people to see the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. The whole week is very busy, but not as busy as Christmas week.
The Fourth of July Fireworks
Photo by Don Sullivan
Disney World Crowds
Dad knows Disney World crowds. From the best time to visit Walt Disney World to the worst, Dad will help you pick the best time for your next vacation. Check it out.
Get started on your trip today
Let Dad and his partners over at Destinations to Travel help you start the perfect vacation right now whether you choose one of the top 5 best weeks to visit Walt Disney World or just a single night. What are you waiting for? Just bop over and fill out the form and before you know it you'll be on your way to making magical memories.
Going in 2014?
Yes, it's time to start planning trips for 2014. Find out what crowds will be like at Dad's 2014 Crowd Calendar page.
Dad's Bottom Line
What do you think about Dad's 5 best weeks to visit Walt Disney World in 2013? Nailed it, didn't I?