Animal Kingdom Villas
Jambo House and Kidani Village
The Animal Kingdom Villas is part of the Animal Kingdom Lodge complex. The villas are part of the Disney Vacation Club, the condo rental portion of Disney World. These are the Vacation Club rooms with the best view (except for maybe the Bay Lake Towers).
Like the Animal Kingdom Lodge, the villas have their own African Savanna that you can look out on, right from your room. Most of the villas have a Savanna view. Wake up with a giraffe in your window, it could happen.
Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Photo by Loren Javier
Disney Vacation Club
The Disney Vacation Club is the timeshare arm of the Disney Company. Yes, timeshare. You can prepay for your Disney World vacations by investing in the Disney Vacation Club (no, I'm not quoting a brochure). Disney will even buy your timeshare points back (Disney uses a point system) for the going rate. Disney has been expanding vacation club resorts at a remarkable rate over the last few years and now has 8 villa locations on DIsney World property.
The Animal Kingdom Villas are very unique in that the villas are spread over 2 buildings. Originally the villas were part of the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but due to the overwhelming popularity, plans were quickly developed for an expanded resort, and because there are ownership issues, Disney decided to keep the old (Jambo House) and add the new (Kidani Village).
Both of the resorts have a Savanna where animals roam freely. Most of the rooms have a savanna view, but standard view (parking lot) rooms are available at both buildings.
There is a sidewalk that connects the two resorts. (It's a short walk.) So, it's easy to go over and eat at the restaurants at the other resort.
Jambo House is located on the 5th and 6th floor of the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's the original Disney Vacation Club Resort here. There are 134 units in Jambo House including studio, one and two bedroom villas. (The two bedroom villas are usually a one bedroom and a connecting studio.) 70% of the rooms have a savanna view.
There are a few rooms at Jambo House that are on the concierge level of the Animal Kingdom Lodge and if you stay in those rooms, you have access to the concierge lounge and amenities. This is the only Disney Vacation Club Resort that has concierge service.
Jambo House residents have access to all of the Animal Kingdom Lodge restaurants, pools, and activites.
KIdani Village is the newest section of the Animal Kingdom Villas. It opened in 2009. There are 324 units in the new section. There are studio, one and two bedroom villas and 3 bedroom grand villas available.
Kidani Village has its own restaurant (Sanaa), its own pools and its own savanna.
Villas, Rooms, Suites and what's in them
The Villas, like other Disney Vacation Club resorts has several different kinds of villas. In the Kidani Village and Jambo House there are -
- Studio - a fairly standard Disney hotel room with a mini-fridge and microwave so it can be called a villa or suite. The room comes with one queen bed and a double sized sleeper sofa.
- One Bedroom - the one bedroom villas say they sleep 4. They have a king bed a queen sleeper sofa and a sleeper chair. (This is probably not a great option for 4 adults unless you like sleeping on sleeper sofas.) The room includes a full kitchen and a whirlpool tub.
- Two Bedroom - the two bedrooms are combinations of a one bedroom and a studio. (There is a connecting door just inside the entrance to both units.) These units have one king bed, one queen bed, a queen sleeper sofa a double sized sleeper sofa and a sleeper chair. Disney claims it will sleep 9. (Dad claims it will only sleep 4 comfortably.)
- Grand Villa - the Grand Villa is something special. It has over 2,000 square feet of space with 2 living areas, 3 bedrooms and 4, yes, count em 4 bathrooms. There is one king bed (for the king and queen) and 4 full queen beds. There is also a sleeper sofa. A total of 12 guests can sleep in the villa.
All Disney rooms allow and infant under 3 in a crib to stay in the room as an addition.
Each suite comes with the standard Disney amenities like ...
- Telephone service
- Whirlpool tub (except in the studios)
- An alarm clock
- A safe
- Soap, shampoo, bath products (in great Disney wrappers)
- A HAIR DRYER
- A kitchen complete with serving dishes, griddle, toaster
- Clock Radio
- DVD Player
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Free Wi-FI
You might be wondering why a hotel room would have a vacuum cleaner. Disney Vacation Club members only get Mousekeeping services 2 days a week. One day for a full cleaning and one day for trash service and light cleaning. (Extra services are available for an additional charge.) If you rent the room from Disney, you will get daily Mousekeeping.
The Animal Kingdom Villas share entertainment options with the Lodge and also has it two pools, a restaurant (Sanaa) and several hot tubs. There is also 24 hour playground that overlooks the flamingo area. Kids 5-7 will enjoy the interactive water play area. Each of the resorts has a well equipped work out area and spa.
The Animal Kingdom Villas and Lodge Resorts are a little remote They are only to the Animal Kingdom.
View Animal Kingdom Villas in a larger map
Address and Phone Number
Animal Kingdom Villas
2901 Oseola Parkway
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
|Get your quote here|
Dad's Bottom Line
The Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village and Jambo House certainily have great views and unique ambience. It's almost like waking up on an African safari with humidity.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.