Christmas in the Disney World Hotels
Christmas at Disney World is always special and each year the Disney Hotels dress up in thier Christmas finest during the holiday season. Even the Value Resorts get into the act. From the mind-blowing splendor in the Grand Floridian to the charming and relaxed feel at the Polynesian Resort, Christmas in the DisneyWorld Hotels is something special.
One of Dad's favorite things to do at Christmas time it to go from hotel to hotel and check out the Christmas decorations. Walking into the Grand Floridian at Christmas would even put a smile on Scrooge McDuck's face.
The Grand Floridian Atrium at Christmas
|Picture by nickel.media|
Trees are 20 - 40 foot tall depending on the structure they are in. You can see the tree in the Animal Kingdom Lodge in the picture to the right. It sits in a 6 story atruim and dominates the whole room. Some of the resorts has lower celings, but trees are as big as they can be in every resort.
Every year, the Disney Deluxe Resorts put on a real special display. They present Gingerbread houses. I know what you're saying ... You're saying "Dad, gingerbread houses are so last century." Maybe, but you haven't seen these Gingerbread Houses.
- The Grand Floridian - The opulent 6 story lobby of the Grand Floridian is a beautiful backdrop for some classy Christmas decorations and entertainment. You'll see a 1,000 square foot gingerbread house. You'll hear Christmas Carols from a string quartet or a grand piano. White lights and ornaments dominate the huge tree. The Grand Floridian was made for Christmas decorations.
The Grand Floridian Gingerbread House
- Disney's Beach Club Resort - The Beach Club Resort builds a Gingerbread Carousel every year. It even works. The horses are made of chocolate. Yummy.
- The Yacht Club Resort - at the Yacht Club, a train set runs through a Gingerbread Town.There are several houses and buildings made of gingerbread around the track.
- The Contemporary Resort - The huge mural in the Grand Canyon Concourse is the backdrop for a 17 foot tall gingerbread Christmas Tree complete with presents and children happy to be opening the presents.
- The Boardwalk Inn presents a full sized gazebo made of gingerbread and chocolate. Donald, Daisy and Stitch make appearances in the Gazebo.
Decorations In the Boardwalk Inn
The decorations you see at Disney World Hotels during Christmas start with garland laced with themed ornaments and trinkets. Some of the resorts really put on a show (the Grand Floridian) while some don't have many extras. But at all the hotels, you'll see beautiful decorations all around.
There are resort specific decorations on the trees and hanging on the walls. For example, the Animal Kingdom Lodge has animal ornaments hanging on the tree, while the decorations at the Beach Club and Yacht Club have more of nautical theme.
Every hotel has it's own flavor and style. It's amazing.
Peppermint Porch in the Polynesian
Make your reservation today
If you'd like to spend Christmas in one of the Disney Hotels (or just be there during the Christmas season) let Dad's good friends over at Pixie and Pirate Destinations get you set up today. It's real easy, just fill out a form and in just a few seconds (or maybe hours) you'll have your own spiffy reservation for the best vacation ever.
Dad's Bottom Line
Disney World at Christmas is the best place on earth. The Disney Hotels are all beautifully decorated. Some just have to be seen to be believed.