Disney Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
Disney Saratoga Springs is a luxury resort and spa. As the name implies, this resort is themed after the Saratoga Springs, NY racing and spa retreat popular in the late 1800s. Designed to have a relaxing atmosphere in scenic settings, it offers comfortable accommodations for families of all sizes amidst green hills, delightful fountains, on the Sassagoula River.
Saratoga Springs Resort is another in the line of cookie cutter Disney Vacation Club Resorts. It's located across the Sassagoula from Disney Springs which makes it real convenient to grab a bite or do some shopping. One of the very unique additions to the resort is the Treehouse Villas which opened in 2009.
Disney Saratoga Springs Resort
Photo by hubsterdisney
Disney Vacation Club
The Disney Vacation Club is the timeshare arm of the Disney Company. Yes, timeshare. You can prepay for your Disney World vacations by investing in the Disney Vacation Club (no, I'm not quoting a brochure). Disney will even buy your timeshare points back (Disney uses a point system) for the going rate. Disney has been expanding vacation club resorts at a remarkable rate over the last few years and now has 8 villa locations on DIsney World property.
Disney Saratoga Springs Resort opened in 2004 as the 7th Disney Vacation Club Resort and was the 5th located at Walt Disney World. It is themed with "Victorian" architecture influenced by the horesracing communities in upstate New York in the late 1800s. It's located on the grounds of the former Disney Institute.
Tree House Villas
In 2009 the Treehouse Villas were added to the rolls of the Disney Saratoga Springs Resort. The Treehouse Villas are just that, villas that are built in (really around) trees. One of the first additions to Disney's hotels were the treehouse villas. The originals opened in 1975 (4 years after the park opened). The original design had octagon shaped buildings on pedestals in the woods. The new design follows the original with octagon buildings all about 10 feet off the ground to give the feeling of sleeping in a treehouse.
Map of Disney Saratoga Springs Resort
Villas, Rooms, Suites and what's in them
Rooms options at the Disney Saratoga Springs Resort are; studio, one bedroom, two bedroom and the two story grand villa. There are 12 buildings of villas and each is layed out the same. There are 2 - Grand Villas, 20 two bedroom villas, 24 two bedroom villas. called "lock-offs" that are combinations of a studio and a one bedroom villa with a connecting door between the two, but both units have an opening to the outside. So the total number of villas is -
- 24 Grand Villas
- 240 - 2 bedroom villas
- 288 2 bedroom "lock-off"
- 288 studio villas
- 288 one-bedroom villas
- Studio -studio villas are 355 square feet. They have one queen bed and one full size sofa a wetbar, small refrigerator and a microwave. Disney claims these rooms sleep 4. Dad claims these rooms will sleep 2 adults and 2 children, unless you have adults comfortable with sleeping on sofa beds.
- One Bedroom - the one bedroom villa is quite large considering it really only sleeps 2 (Disney claims 4). These rooms have a king size bed and a queen size sofa and a fully stocked kitchen. They are 714 square feet.
- Dedicated Two Bedroom - the dedicated 2 bedroom villas have 1 king bed, 2 queen beds and a queen sleeper sofa. These will comfortably sleep 6 adults and 2 children. (Disney claims they sleep 8). They are equipped with a full kitchen. 3 bathrooms, and are almost 1,100 square feet.
- Two Bedroom Lock-off - the two bedroom lock-off villas are combinations of a one bedroom and a studio. (There is a connecting door just between the two units.) These units have one king bed, one queen beds, and a queen sleeper sofa and a full size sleeper sofa. (Again, Disney claims these will sleep 8 adults. How many adults want to sleep 2 on a full size sleeper sofa?) These also have a fully equipped kitchen and 3 bathrooms.
- Grand Villa - the 24 Grand Villas are something special. They are 2,113 square feet of space with 3 bedrooms and 4, yes, count em 4 bathrooms. It's two stories tall with 2 bedrooms upstairs and a master suite downstairs. These babies are hard to get and cost a fortune, but are well worth the price if you are looking for space. (Sleeps 12 and that's with only 2 on a sofa bed.)
The rooms in the Treehouse Villas come only in one configuration. They are over 1,000 square feet and have two bedrooms and two full bathrooms. There are 60 Treehouse Villas. 10 are built with ramps for accessibility. Each villa has 2 queen beds, a set of bunk beds, a queen sleeper and a sleeper chair. According to Disney, that means they sleep 9. According to Dad, they sleep 4 adults plus 5 children. (Dad doesn't do sleeper sofas.)
All Disney rooms allow and infant under 3 in a crib to stay in the room as an addition.
The studio villas have a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. All of the rest of the villas have fully equipped kitchens. Each suite comes with the standard Disney amenities like ...
- Telephone service (but not wireless internet)
- Whirlpool tub (except in the studios)
- An alarm clock
- A safe
- Soap, shampoo, bath products (in great Disney wrappers)
- A HAIR DRYER
- A kitchen complete with serving dishes, griddle, toaster
- Clock Radio
- DVD Player
- Vacuum Cleaner
You might be wondering why a hotel room would have a vacuum cleaner. Disney Vacation Club members only get Mousekeeping services 2 days a week. One day for a full cleaning and one day for trash service and light cleaning. (Extra services are available for an additional charge.) If you rent the room from Disney, you will get daily Mousekeeping.
Many recreation options are available without even having to venture away from the 65 acres that make up Disney Saratoga Springs. DVDs can be rented and viewed in the comfort of your own room. There are basketball courts and tennis courts open during the day with equipment rentals and even tennis lessons.
Guests can also rent a bicycle or take advantage of two jogging trails, one .8 mile and the other 1.44 miles. Other activities are available at the arcade and community hall with crafts, board games, ping pong, foosball, and scheduled programs. You may enjoy the zero-entry pool, shuffleboard, and movies under the stars and small children will love the playground. For golfers, the Lake Buena Vista golf course is located nearby.
Casual dining of American fare can be found at the Turf Club Bar and Grill, offering a scenic view of the Buena Vista Golf Course, food priced upwards of $15. The Turf Club Lounge, with a golf course and Disney Springs view, serves American cuisine in a more relaxed atmosphere.
For eat in and take out food guests can try The Artists Palette, a market and café serving sandwiches, salads and flatbreads. Pizza can also be delivered directly to your room during certain hours.
Disney Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa is located across from Disney Springs.
View Saratoga Springs Resort in a larger map
Address and Phone Number
Disney Saratoga Springs Resort
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Dad's Bottom Line
In Dad's opinion, this is another of the cookie cutter Vacation Club Resorts. The treehouse villas do give the resort some character, but hey, what can I say, I just like the Old Key West room layouts better.