Hotel Lists for Orlando - Dad's Recommendations
Hotel Lists for Orlando - Here are Dad's top hotels for different Orlando areas along with why they rate high on Dad's list. Orlando has over 125,000 hotel rooms. That's a bunch. Prices range from very cheap to outrageous, and so does the quality of the room.
Choosing a hotel
Choosing a hotel is one of the most important decisions you will make on your vacation. A lot of commentators will tell you something like "you're not going to spend that much time in your hotel, you'll only be sleeping there." That may be true, you may not do much more than sleep in a hotel room, but sleeping is very important to a good vacation. Let Dad tell you, from experience, if the hotel room isn't right, the whole vacation can be messed up.
Be sure to do some research (no, it's NOT shopping) prior to arriving. Here's a link to the research tool Dad used for his Hotel Lists for Orlando.
Hotels Near the Airport
Here are Dad's Hotel Lists for Orlando near the Orlando airport. These hotels make a nice place to stay if you have an early flight or a late arrival.
- The Airport Marriott - Located inside the airport. This is a great place to spend the night for those early morning flights. Yes, it's very pricey. It's a very nice hotel.
- Embassy Suites Orlando Airport - Located about 1 mile north of the airport. This is a new hotel, and very nice. The lobby area is beautiful. Gotta love the full breakfast in the morning.
- Springhill Suites Orlando Airport - Yes, Dad likes suites hotels. This one also serves breakfast and dinner.
- Quality Inn and Suites - This is the budget alternative. It's a cheap hotel that has been newly remodeled. The drawback is it's really close to the train tracks and is noisy. OK place for a cheap night.
Hotels Outside Disney World
There are about a gazillion hotels just outside Disney World, and more get built every day. You can get a clean, comfortable room (pardon me Motel 6) for a good price and be conveniently located just minutes away from Disney World. Dad's Hotel Lists for Orlando outside Disney World.
- Hilton Downtown Disney - This is the closest hotel to Downtown Disney. You walk across the street and grab a bus to any of the Disney Resorts. Disney shopping, restaurants are all right there. Most of the year prices are very affordable.
- Radisson Hotel Orlando Lake Buena Vista - According to Trip Advisor this is the highest ranked hotel in all of Orlando. It's very close to Disney and to lower priced restaurants just outside Disney World.
- Holiday Inn Maingate East - A great affordable alternative.
Resorts Inside Disney World (including Downtown Disney)
Dad loves Disney World Hotels, or Resorts as Disney likes to call them. If you are planning a trip to Disney World staying in a Disney Resort is the way to go. Disney Resorts are beautifully themed and they are always clean.
Here is Dad's Hotel Lists for Orlando for Disney Resorts.
- Disney's Polynesian Resort - This is Dad's favorite hotel anywhere. It has everything you want in a Disney World vacation. It's beautiful, it's got great food, it's the most convenient to the parks, it's got a great beach, it's almost perfect. The only drawback is the price.
- Disney's Bay Lake Towers Resort - This brand new Disney Vacation Club Resort is located right next to the Magic Kingdom. It has everything you would want in a suite hotel.
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge - The Wilderness Lodge is the most beautiful of Disney's Resorts.
- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - This sprawling resort has one of the best food courts in Walt Disney World. It's the best of the moderate resorts.
- Disney's Pop Century Resort - Disney's lowest priced resort is one of the best values around. You can get two rooms here for about half the price of the Deluxe Resorts.
- The DolphinSwan - The Swan and Dolphin aren't technically owned by Disney, but the share most of the Disney amenities. There are located just outside of Epcot with boat service to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Disney's Beach Club - The Beach Club is a beautiful resort. The Beach Club Villas provide suite access just outside the back door to Epcot.
Near Universal Studios Orlando
Yes, Uncle Walt, there is a alternative to your money sucking empire. It's a different money sucking empire. But it does have some nice hotels. If you are going to spend time at Universal Studios, you should stay in one of the Universal hotels (if you can afford it). The front of the line pass for resort guests is the best perk you could ever get. Dad's Hotel Lists for Orlando Universal Studios.
- Hard Rock Hotel - Walk to the parks and listen to Rock and Roll all the time, including while swimming in the pool. Rooms are large but pricey. There are large family suites for a real comfortable vacation.
- Portofino Bay Resort - The Portofino Bay is a beautiful upscale resort. Take a nice boat ride to the parks. Very swanky.
- Homewood Suites Orlando - This is a great place for a family vacation. Breakfast and dinner are served daily (included in the price). Each suite has a sitting area and a kitchenette.
- Extended StayAmerica Orlando - A value alternative that's close to Universal, has big rooms. No swimming pool, cheap but convenient.
On International Drive
International Drive is Orlando's "main drag". It's filled with shops, restaruants and hotels. It's close to Universal Studios, Sea World and convenient to Walt Disney World. Here is Dad's Hotel Lists for Orlando on International Drive.
- Marriott's Harbor Lake - This is one of Marriott's timeshare resorts. It's a good place for a family to stay on vacation. The large rooms include all the amenities including washers and dryers.
- Hampton Inn Orlando - A nice hotel that serves breakfast. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Highly rated.
- Farfield Inn & Suites International Dr. - A highly ranked suite hotel. Service is consistently good. Close to restaurants.
Get some help
For help choosing the perfect hotel go over and give Dad's partners at Destinations to Travel a shout. They know all the hotels around Orlando and will be able to help you with all your needs.
Dad's Bottom Line
Orlando has lots of hotels and I hope Dad's Hotel Lists for Orlando have helped you in your quest to find a place to stay.