Le Cellier Steakhouse
Le Cellier Steakhouse is the best steak restaurant in Epcot. In fact it may be the best restaurant in all of Epcot and that's a big statement. (Yes, Dad's a little partial to steaks.)
You can get all kinds of regional specialties from all over Canada. The big signature dish is Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup. But the star of the restaurant is beef, beef and more beef. From top notch filet mignon to prime rib, it's all about the steaks.
The translation of the name is "The Cellar". This restaurant is set up to resemble a large wine cellar. It is located below the castle looking thing in the Canada pavilion. Below ground. No windows. Spooky. (Not really.) The entrance can be a little hard to find. (When you enter the pavilion look to the right.)
Epcot's Canada Pavilion home of Le Cellier Steakhouse
Le Cellier Steakhouse serves lunch from 11:30 till 3 and dinner from 4 until closing time. Closing time depends on the time of the year.
Lunch has a broad menu (and yes, you can get very broad if you eat here too often). You can get everything from a hamburger (or as they call it a steak burger) to a mushroom filet mignon and just about anything in between.
|Photo by sanctumsolitude|
The lunch menu offers some of the same dishes as the dinner menu, but it also has some less expensive options. Lunch portions for the same items are the same as the dinner portions but the price is lower. Entree prices range from $13.00 for the hamburger to $31.00 for a New York Strip steak.
Here is what's available from the lunch menu -
- Appetizer Trio to Share - Tomato Stack, Lump Crab and Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Duck Three Ways - Confit, Rillette, and Fleischnecke with Orange Gastrique
- Sauteed Prince Edward Island Mussels - with celery, shallots, ginger, garlic, and coconut milk
- Spicy Chicken and Chipotle Sausage - with Roasted Corn Polenta and Sweet Onion Jam
- Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup - Made with Moosehead Beer and Bacon and Cheddar Cheese
- Tomato Stack - with Carmelized Onions, Cucumbers, Crumbled Blue Cheese, and Yuzu Vinaigrette
Salads are considered entrees for lunch purposes.
- Grilled Steak Salad - with watercress, onions, fennel, roasted tomatoes and goat cheese with a white balsamic vinaigrette
- Caesar Salad with Chicken - Romaine lettuce, parmesan, sourdough croutons and a creamy Caesar dressing
- Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb butter sauce
- Sauteed Potato Gnocchi - with grilled eggplant, cherry tomatoes, pesto broth, and parmesan cheese
- New York Strip Steak - with bercy butter, balsamic red onions, watercress, and roasted Yukon potatoes
- King Salmon Two Ways - pan seared with Hoisin BBQ and Citrus-poached with coconut soubise
Several side dishes are available for $4.50 each.
Oven-roasted Mushrooms, Grilled Asparagus, Creamed Spinach Gratinee, Sautéed Spinach, Onion Rings, Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes, Wild Mushroom Risotto, Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Salmon BLT - seared salmon, vine-ripened tomato, pancetta, watercress, and chive sour cream
- Shaved Prime Rib Sandwich - on a toasted ciabatta with Black Diamond Cheddar Cheese, sauteed onions and horseradish cream sauce
- Maple Barbecued Grilled Chicken Sandwich- with Black Diamond Cheddar and pancetta
- Grilled Steak Burger - topped with house-made onion ketchup and your choice of cheddar or blue cheese
Desserts might be the best thing at Le Cellier Steakhouse. They all sound great (except for maybe the Rhubarb thing).
- Chocolate on Chocolate Whiskey Cake - finished with Honey-Thyme Anglaise and a Chocolate-Vanilla Walnut Sauce
- Maple Creme Brulee
- Apple-Rhubarb Crumble - served with Maple Granola Ice Cream
- Seasonal Sorbet
- Chocolate "Moose" - Chocolate Mousse rolled in Toasted Chocolate Crumbs with Maple Leaf Antlers
This looks good
Photo by sanctumsolitude
Chef's Favorites is a three course meal that includes a choice of a appetizer/salad, an entree and a dessert. The choices are limited (steaks are not included). The price for the Chef's Favorite at lunch is $29.00. It's the equivalent of getting a dessert for free. If you are interested in the choices on the Chef's Favorite menu, this is a good deal.
Dinner is the star at Le Cellier Steakhouse. If you want to eat here, this is the time to do it. Lunch is good, but Dinner is special. The menu at dinner has more to offer. But it is also more expensive. Some of the staples are the same a lunch (Mushroom Filet Mignon and New York Strip), but there are some spectacular additions like the Veal T-Bone and the Spice-crusted Pork Chop.
Dinner is also more expensive. The least expensive entree at dinner is the Sauteed Potato Gnocchi at $20.00 (vegetarians get all the breaks). The most expensive is the Veal T-Bone at $37.00.
Appetizers and salads
All of the lunch appetizers and salads from lunch are available. There is a Lump Crab and Sweet Corn Custard added to the list.
No sandwiches are available only at lunch. All of the other entrees from the lunch menu are available at dinner. Below are the additions.
- Roasted All Natural Chicken Breast - with potato croquettes, peas, and carrots
- Salt-crusted Prime Rib - with Roasted Yukon Potatoes finished with au jus and horseradish cream sauce
- Coffee-rubbed Kansas City Strip Steak - with hazelnut butter and cream cheese mashed potatoes
- Spice-crusted Pork Chop - with rosemary polenta and endive-citrus salad
- Veal T-Bone - with black bread "Pazanella" salad and Banyuls vinaigrette
- Pan-seared Scallops - with artichokes, golden beets, salsify, capers, and lemon-brown butter sauce
Just like for lunch there is a Chef's Favorite available. It includes a selection from a appetizer list, a entree and a dessert. The selections are limited. Like lunch the Chef's Favorite is a good deal if your are want one of the entrees.
Sides and Desserts
The same side dishes and desserts from lunch are available for dinner.
The children's menu looks inviting. Makes me want to be 9 again. Children can select from Cheese Pizza or Meaty Macaroni (ground turkey). The other alternative includes what's called a Kid's Pick (like the Chef's Favorite). Children can choose from two appetizers, three entrees and two desserts.
Disney Restaurant odds and ends
You can make Advanced Dining Reservation 180 days prior to your arrival. This restaurant reservations are required most of the year. These can be made online at Disney's Dining Reservations or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
This restaurant is part of the Disney Dining Plan. Click on the link for more information about how the plan works.
All Disney Restaurants are non-smoking.
Dad's Bottom Line
Le Cellier Steakhouse is pricey, but not as pricey as it could be. It's not out of line with good steak houses outside of Disney World (some would argue that this is a "good steakhouse"). But for Disney the prices are not the normal Disney outrageous. If you are on the Disney Dining Plan this is a good option.
This is one of the hardest reservations to get in all of Walt Disney World. Le Cellier Steakhouse is the second or third restaurant fully booked. Gotta be a reason for that. Yes, I know there is not a lot of seating, but still it's good food.