Disney Cruise Line - Palo
Palo is heaven on earth ...
Imagine yourself sailing away on the high seas, staring into the sunset and enjoying the finest in Northern Italian cuisine in an elegant, romantic dining room with a first class view to the edge of the world. Now imagine being on a Disney Cruise, and being able to enjoy all this – without the kids.
Sounds to me like heaven ...
This is an adults-only restaurant found on the Disney Cruise Line Ships. It serves Northern Italian cuisine for dinner, and on select cruises brunch and traditional high tea are also available.
Photo by kahnklatt
On each Disney Cruise Line Ship, Palo is located at the back of the ship, facing out over the open ocean (or perhaps a scenic port if you’re departing your destination for the day). On The Disney Magic and The Disney Wonder , it is located on Deck 10. On The Disney Dream and the Disney Fantasy, it's located on Deck 12, beside the Meridian adults-only lounge and then even more luxurious and exclusive French inspired restaurant, Remy.
Dinner reservations are available from 6-9pm. Brunch is generally served from 10:30am-noon, and high tea is available from 3-4pm.
Although most food is included on the Disney Cruise Line, at Palo there is a $20.00 per person surcharge for Dinner or Brunch and a $10.00 surcharge for High Tea. Alcohol is served at an additional charge.
The menu is a bit flexible. The chef adjusts it from time to time to feature the freshest ingredients available.
Many courses, which may include…
- Freshly-baked Bread baked in Palo’s Pizza Oven, served with Palo's Famous Dips
- Antipasto Freddo (Prosciutto, Bresaola, Parmesan Reggiano, Marinated Olives and Sun-dried Tomatoes)
- Pizzette (Margarita, Al Prosciutto, Al Funghi, Bianca, Al Gamberi, or Quattro Formaggi)
- Antipasti (Tuna Carpaccio, Mozzarella and Plum Tomatoes, Grilled Portobello Mushroom and Polenta, Fritto di Calamari, Melanzane al Funghetto)
- Insalatine (Siscilian Pesto Marinated Grilled Shrimp Salad, Fresh Arugula Salad)
- Zuppa (Tuscan Minestrone, Traditional Fish and Seafood Soup)
- La Pasta (Risotto di Mare, Wild Mushroom and Hazelnut Risotto, Lobster and Mascarpone Ravioli, Pumpkin and Broccoli Gnocchi, Bigoli all Contadina, Penne Arrabbiata, Fagioli Alla Veneziana)
- It Pesce (Grilled Sea Scallops with Borlotti Beans and Pancetta, Grilled Monkfish with Braised Radicchio and Prosciutto, Halibut al Cartoccio, Pan Fried Tuna)
- La Carne (Chicken Braciola, Veal Loin Scaloppini, Garlic Roasted Rack of Lamb, Beef Tenderloin)
- Dolci (Tiramisu, Panna Cotta, Chocolate Soufflé, Sweet pizza, Chocolate Amaretto Indulgence, Pineapple and Almond Ravioli, Gelato)
- A Selection of Baked Breads and Pastries
- Buffet tables of seafood, cheese, and fruit
- Grilled Marinated Vegetables
- Alaska King Crab Legs
- Homemade Pizzas
- Smoked Salmon and Mixed Greens
- Freshly-made Pancakes
- Egg dishes
- Meat entrees
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Strawberry Soup
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Panna Cotta
High tea includes your choice of a selection of fine green, black, and herbal teas, and a fixed menu including...
- Tea Sandwiches (such as Gravadlax, Shrimp, Curried Chicken, and Cucumber)
- Warm Scones (with jam and Devonshire Cream)
- Mini Desserts (such as éclairs, cakes, fruit tarts, macarons, and trifles)
Reserve your Disney Cruise today
Want to eat at Palo? You'll need a reservation. Why not let my partners over at Destinations to Travel help you make that reservation. They will be happy to get you started on the best cruise you've ever taken. Give them a shout today.
Dad's Bottom Line
For a meal that would rival the excessively expensive Victoria and Albert’s at the Grand Floridian, at a fraction of the cost, Palo is a dining experience well worth the price. Treat yourself to a fine meal and a kid-free evening – You won't be disappointed!