Studio Catering Company
Stepping into the Studio Catering Company will definitely give you that backstage feel – you might even think you hear someone calling “Acton!” in the background!
As you’re strolling along the Streets of American in Disney Hollywood Studios, you might find yourself in need of a nosh. Like any star wandering the backlot of a movie studio, your first instinct is probably to look for the craft services truck, and maybe a table in the shade to cool off in as you have a bite to eat between takes.
There isn’t much in the way of decoration here. One of the least-themed dining locations on the Walt Disney World property, this location is all about functionality and fast service, not magic and whimsy.
The restaurant features red metal siding and table tops, simple black signage, metal chairs, and big bluish grey exposed metal beams – kind of like an empty warehouse. It’s not technically indoors, but it has a high ceiling and lots of shade. It’s underwhelming, but it gets the job done.
Hours and Location
The Studio Catering Company is open from 11:30am-5:30pm.
It’s located between the Backlot Tour and the The Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure in the Streets of America section of Disney Hollywood Studios.
Quick sandwiches for a bite on-the-go between attractions or when looking for a lighter alternative to burgers and pizza.
- Pressed Tuscan Deli Sandwich
- Chicken Caesar Wrap
- Creek Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Chicken Nuggets or PB&J with grapes, applesauce, or carrot sticks
Studio Catering Company is a quick service meal restaurant. Prices range from $6.50 to $10 for an entrée, and kid’s meals are $5.49 (plus tax). If you’re on the Disney Dining Plan, each meal will cost you one Quick Service credit.
Disney Quick Service Restaurant
This restaurant is considered a Quick Service Resturant for the Disney Dining Plan.
All Disney Restaurants are non-smoking.
Here are some interesting facts -
- The Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure is an 11,000 square foot playground adjacent to the Studio Catering Co. where kids can burn off some energy before or after their meal.
- For a brief time, this restaurant was branded as the Studio Catering Company Flatbread Grill and featured –what else – a menu focused on flatbreads!
- There is an open-air bar located next to the restaurant called Studio Catering Company High Octane.
Dad's Bottom Line
If you’ve just exited the Backlot Tour and you’re hungry and too tired to trek around the park for other quick options, try the Studio Catering Co. Otherwise skip this one and search for better options at Backlot Express, Starring Rolls, or Fairfax Fare.