The Best Disney Dining Plan Counter Service Meals
Hello. I was just wondering which are the best Disney Dining Plan counter services meals at each of the parks. Thanks a bunch!
Yorkshire County Fish Shop
Best Disney Dining Plan Counter Service Meal
|Photo by Jeff_B|
Dad's yummy Answer
Wow! What a great question.
Here are just a few of Dad's picks for the best Disney Dining Plan Counter Service Meals in the parks. Let's look at each park.
First the easy ones. Animal Kingdom
. This is easy because there aren't a lot to pick from and the choices are real obvious. Dad's top picks are
- Restaurantosaurus - believe it or not, it was better when it was McDonalds, but it's still a fairly good burger.
- Yak and Yeti was OK, but nothing special.
- Pizzafari is the standard Disney pizza which is OK, but the fact that they add a salad makes it a good deal
- Flame Tree Barbeque is probably the most tasty of the picks in Animal Kingdom.
Animal Kingdom doesn't have a lot of food venues to choose from. You kinda end up eating at the closest place. Even the sit down meals aren't that special.
In Disney Hollywood Studios
the choices are more numerous, but not much better food wise. The best of the bunch is standard pizza in a really fun atmosphere.
- Toy Story Pizza Planet is our favorite Counter Service Restaurant. Not because it's good food, but because of the atmosphere.
- The Backlot Express is pretty good with a really nice burger and some good other options.
Like Animal Kingdom, there aren't a lot of great Counter Service options. Good but nothing special.
We'll move on to the Magic Kingdom
and save the best for last. At the Magic Kingdom you have lots of options. Most of them are fairly routine. Our favorites are
- Casey's Corner - yes, I know it's just a hot dog. But it's a really good hot dog. (If you can get a white bread bun.) Casey's is one of our first stops in the Magic Kingdom.
- Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Inn is our favorite place to grab a burger. Why? Because of the fixins bar. It's great.
- Columbia Harbor House is good for a change of pace from burgers, hot dogs and pizza.
The Magic Kingdom is not a gastronomical paradise. It's more like a food court at a mall.
is undoubtedly one of the best places in the world for counter service meals. It easily has the best Disney Dining Plan Counter Service meals. It's no contest. Just the crepe stand alone beats anything in all the other parks combined. Here are the top places to grab a quick bite at Walt Disney World.
- Yorkshire County Fish Shop - if you like fish at all this is the place to eat. The Fish and Chips here is outstanding.
- Sunshine Seasons in the Land is a great place to get some descent food with a wide variety of choices. This has been our Future World lunch spot for years.
- La Hacienda is the newest counter service restaurant at Disney World. It looks like a place to get some really good food quickly.
There are just too many places to mention in Epcot to grab a bite like the pastry shop in France. Yum, Yum. Grazing your way around Epcot can be expensive, but it really tastes good.
Dad is not a big fan of the Quick Service Dining Plan. If you get it for free it's OK, but for just $11.00 per day you can upgrade your Quick Service to the regular Dining Plan. I'd highly recommend the upgrade.
Dad's Bottom Line
The Best Disney Dining Plan Counter Service Meals are absolutely found in Epcot. The worst are probably in the Magic Kingdom. The other two parks are pretty average too. For ambiance you can't beat Disney Restaurants, but for taste ...
Click here to post comments
Return to Ask Dad.