Located within the Contemporary Resort, The Wave offers a casual American dinning experience for the family. This trendy restaurant that features casual dining replaced an old favorite at the Contemporary, the Concourse Steakhouse as the all day, casual dining option in the Contemporary Resort.
As with most of the newer restaurants in Disney World, this Restaurant emphasizes healthy, organic and sustainable foods.
About the restaurant
The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's located on the first floor of the Contemporary Resort. Just look for the tunnel next to the "front" desk.
The Menus -
Here are the menus for the day.
Breakfast includes a vast array of eggs prepared almost any way you want them along with other classic breakfast creations. Here's a sample -
- American- 2 eggs any way, potatoes, choice of bacon, pork sausage, or chicken sausage
- Ham and Cheese Omelet- comes with breakfast potatoes and biscuit
- Smoked Norwegian Salmon-traditional compliments and The Wave signature bread
- Eggs Benedict-with either Choron sauce or Petit Filet
- Southern- scrambled eggs, smoke pork loin and sausage gravy biscuit (the Man-Childs favorite)
- Multi grain Pancakes- fruit composite with Acai juice, bacon or chicken or pork sausage
- Make Your Own Wave Muesli- choose from seasonal fruit, yogurt, whole grains and walnuts
- Multi grain French Toast- with composite fruit, bacon or chicken or pork sausage
Side items such as muffins, croissants and oatmeal are available. Items are served ala carte. The standard Disney drinks are available, along with a variety of smoothies and some interesting juices.
Lunch features sustainable fish and other entrées and sandwiches. There are a wide variety of salads to choose from.
- The Wave Appetizer for two- sea scallops with rock shrimp and lump crab cakes
- Florida Rock Shrimp and Lump Crab Cakes- cucumber tomato salsa and spicy remoulade
- Strawberry Flatbread Salad- midnight moon cheese and champagne vinaigrette
- Avocado and Citrus Salad- local greens and orange vinaigrette
- Seasonal Soup and Sandwich
- Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich- aruguala, tomatoes, and goat cheese herb spread on multi grain bread
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad- herb crusted Ahi tuna. green beans, potatoes, roasted red peppers, and olive toast
- Ruben Sandwich- served on grain bread, cabbage cole slaw or roasted wedge potatoes
- Angus Chuck Bacon Cheeseburger- served on multi grain roll with cole slaw or potatoes wedges
- Daily Sustainable Fish- Edamame Stew and Cilantro Chutney
Dinner offers a more hearty meal with a more hearty price. You'll find steaks (not anywhere near the quality of the Concourse Steakhouse), fish and lamb along with several other entrees. The same appetizers are available from lunch.
- Braised Lamb Shank-served with Bulgur Wheat-Lentil Stew and Red Wine Sauce
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin- Port Wine Jus, potato and onion gratin, and summer Ratatouille
- Linguini- Florida littleneck clams and rock shrimp with chunky tomato broth
- Chili-marinated Flat Iron Steak- warm fingerling potato salad and avocado mousse
- Braised Chicken Pot Pie- peas, mushrooms, and carrots with thyme pastry
- Daily Sustainable Fish - Edamame Stew and Cilantro Chutney
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- Wilted Rainbow Chard
- Stewed Mushrooms
- Warm Fingerling Potato Salad
Desserts may be the best menu of all.
- Cheesecake with Raspberry
- Coconut Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit Drizzle
- Blueberry Compote with yogurt gelato
- Lemon cornbread with vanilla panna cotta
- Chocolate Mousse with Salted Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Mint Mousse
- Vanilla Bean Cream Brulee
Disney Restaurant odds and ends
You can make Advanced Dining Reservation 180 days prior to your arrival. This restaurant reservations are required most of the year. These can be made online at Disney's Dining Reservations or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
This restaurant is part of the Disney Dining Plan. Click on the link for more information about how the plan works.
All Disney Restaurants are non-smoking.
Advanced Dining Reservations
Yes, you can make Advanced Dining Reservations in advance for this restaurant, but you might not need them. During breakfast, you might not find a table depending on what convention is in town, but for the most part, this is an overlooked place to eat.
Dad and Mrs. Mom gave The Wave a try. It was part of our Search for the Perfect Omelet. We had two very different experiences. The Search continued, but ... (read about our experience here.)
My buddy over at Disney Dining reviewed lunch. (The Wave at lunch.)
|Get your quote here|
Dad's Bottom Line
The Wave is a little more than a casual restaurant. It's a pricey bistro type place that may not live up to the hype. Dad's a little suspicious of any restaurant that has wilted shard and edamame. Doesn't sound to casual to me.