For awhile now, you’ve been considering a vacation with your family at Walt Disney World, but you’re just not sure when is the best time to go. Maybe you’ve been before and all you remember is the summer heat – but you just need a reminder of all the great reasons that summer is the best time to go to WDW! Lucky for you, we’ve got a few reasons to help make the case for your next summer vacation to be at the most magical place on earth!
1. School’s out for summer (hey Dad, isn’t there a song with those lyrics?) – the kids will be out of school so there’s no worry about missing classwork, sports practices, etc. And they will have a great story to tell when school resumes in the fall.
2. Summer also means extended park hours – more time to visit your favorite parks, staying out late and starting the day early, often before the major crowds and heat of the day. You can bring out the inner rebel and stay up way past bedtime seeing the sights and watching the end of day magical fireworks light up the summer night sky.
3. Keep it cool – visiting WDW during the summer months does mean the temperatures are higher than at other times BUT – WDW has many cooling stations and misters throughout the parks that many kids (and adults!) find as amusing and entertaining as some of the rides! Plus, there’s no better excuse for an afternoon at the pool!
4. Better after dark entertainment – summer often means clear night skies and comfortable temperatures after dark, making late nights in the parks to view the parades and special events even more fun!
5. World class waterparks – it is way more fun to visit the WDW water parks during summer months! Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are sure to keep you cool during those hot summer days – AND there is often a special event or concert scheduled, like Teen Beach Party!
6. More showtimes – extra shows (like Fantasmic) are added to the schedule for summer months, giving the Disney visitor more options of when to see these favorite shows and still take in the other sites and rides at the parks. And with summer comes the option of celebrating the nation’s independence while in the park – and WDW puts on one of the most phenomenal Independence Day fireworks displays that could ever be imagined!
7. There are some really great end of summer discount rates – a late summer visit to the parks to wrap up the summer break is the perfect way to end the summer on a magical note while being a little easier on the budget as well!
8. Summer concert series – need I say more? Sounds like Summer offers a collection of some of the most renowned music performed by cover bands that will have you singing along, tapping your foot, and clapping your hands for each magical evening of music. It’s a great opportunity to enjoy a refreshing beverage with some of your favorite EPCOT snacks, and then just sit back and enjoy the festive atmosphere.
9. The World Showcase at EPCOT – I think that this is the best time of year to experience the pavilions around World Showcase lagoon. Many of the merchants bring their items outside so you can browse the cultural variety, and it’s fun to take a seat outside at any one of the restaurants in each country and rest, while whetting the whistle and appetite and sampling the cultural food items of the world showcase.
10. Splash down – In the chillier months, some guests avoid Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids because no one likes to sit around in wet clothes. Never fear, in the summer heat you’ll be dry just like that!
11. Get wild – providing you avoid the hottest part of the day when the animals are less likely to be stirring, summer time is an amazing time to visit Animal Kingdom park. Maybe you’ll want to take in a safari, walk around Animal Kingdom Lodge, or dine at one of WDW’s amazing restaurants with a view of the animals in their “natural habitat.”
If you are considering a summer trip to Walt Disney World, be sure to pack sunscreen and light clothing and a small umbrella. There are occasional pop-up thunderstorms throughout the summer months, but rest assured, they pass quickly and WDW has many many places where you and your family can get in out of the rain and still enjoy the magic of Disney.
It’s never to early to start planning your next vacation – give Destinations to Travel a shout, and they can help get you dreaming of your Perfect vacation next summer at WDW! Here’s wishing you a summer escape to WDW with pixie dust all around you and magical memories to keep you warm all winter long!