50's Prime Time Cafe
The 50's Prime Time Cafe is one of Disney Hollywood Studios unique restaurants. The Studios has some of the most eclectic restaurants in all of Disney World. The decor of this restaurant make this more than just a routine meal.
At this restaurant the cast members are part of the decor. The cute idea of the Cafe is to eat in a family kitchen from the 1950's. Linoleum is the fabric of the day. TV's are in Black and White and Mom save you a dinner with items like meat loaf and fried chicken. (You have to eat your vegetables before dessert.)
The Cafe is located in Disney Hollywood Studios in the Echo Lake area. It's up toward the front across from the dinosaur on the lake. (From the front entrance, go toward the hat and take the first left. It's on the left side.)
The lunch menu at 50's Prime Time Cafe is not just dinner lite. There is a full menu with most of the dishes from dinner being served at lunch.
- Shrimp Cocktail - Jumbo shrimp served with cocktail sauce and lemon
- Chicken Noodle Soup - hearty mixture of chicken, vegetables and egg noodles
- Mixed Green Salad served with house dressing
- Beer-Battered Onion Rings for Two - served with horseradish sauce
- Blue Claw Crab Cake - lump crab cake served in Succotash with chili sauce and crispy onions
- Cousin Eric's Char-grilled Chicken Sandwich - marinated chicken breast topped with cheddar, grilled onions, barbeque sauce, lettuce and tomato on a Kaiser roll, with a house salad or french fries
- Grandma's Chicken Pot Pie - creamy mixture of chicken, mushrooms, carrots, celery, peas, and onions topped with a flaky pastry
- Mom's Old-Fashioned Pot Roast - slow-cooked until fork tender served with mashed potatoes, carrots, celery and onions
- Roasted Pepper - stuffed with whole grains and smoked ratatouille
- Fish Sandwich - beer-battered haddock on a crusty roll, with lettuce, tomato, and tartar sauce, served with a house salad or french fries
- Dad's Traditional Meatloaf - a blend of beef and pork topped with tomato glaze, served with mashed potatoes, and green beans
- Aunt Liz's Golden Fried Chicken - served with mashed potatoes, chicken gravy and southern greens
- Caesar Salad with Chicken - Romaine lettuce tossed with Caesar dressing, grated parmesan cheese, garlic croutons topped with sliced grilled chicken. Also available with salmon
- Stacked Sandwich - Your choice of smoked turkey or ham on seven grain bread, lettuce, tomatoes, Swiss cheese and mayonnaise, served with a house salad or potato chips
Prices range from around $11.50 for the sandwiches to $17.00 for the bigger items.
The Dinner Menu at the 50's Prime Time Cafe adds just a few items. The Appetizers are the same as lunch, but the sandwiches are gone and some more filling offerings are available.
Don't forget to mind your manners!
- Grilled Boneless Pork Loin - glazed with peppered mushroom gravy with mashed potatoes and green beans
- Char-grilled Butcher Tender Steak - with red wine sauce, sauteed mushrooms, cheddar scalloped potatoes, and green beans
- Mom's Old Fashioned Pot Roast - Slow cooked until fork tender, served with mashed potatoes, carrots, celery and onions
- Aunt Liz's Golden Fried Chicken - Served with mashed potatoes, chicken gravy, and Southern greens
- Olive Oil Poached Salmon - served with sweet peas, brown rice pilaf, and a dill cream sauce
- Uncle Charlie's Grilled Tuna Casserole - classic creamy casserole with egg noodles, peppers, mushrooms, onions, carrots, and celery topped with grilled tuna steak and crunchy bread crumbs
- Dad's Traditional Meatloaf - a blend of beef and pork topped with tomato glaze, mashed potatoes, and green beans
- Roasted Pepper - stuffed with whole grains and smoked ratatouille $12.49
Desserts are available at both lunch and dinner.
- Dad's Brownie Sundae - Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream, Hot Fudge, and Caramel topping
- No Sugar Added Cheesecake - topped with fresh whipped cream and strawberry sauce
- Low Fat Angel Food Cake - with fresh berries
- Seasonal Cobbler with or without ice cream
- Ice Cream Sundaes
Kids' Complete Meals include appetizer, entree and dessert served on a Mickey Plate with choice of 1% milk, bottled water, or juice
- Grilled Fish of the Day - served with whole-grain pilaf, veggies, and yogurt parfait
- Grilled Chicken Strips - with macaroni topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella, served with veggies and fruit salad
- Kids' Picks - Choice of 1 Appetizer, 1 entree, 1 beverage and 1 dessert -
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Garden Salad
- Chicken Nuggets
- Grilled Hot Dog
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Fruit Salad
- Ice-Cream Sundae
Disney Restaurant odds and ends
You can make Advanced Dining Reservation 180 days prior to your arrival. This restaurant reservations are required most of the year. These can be made online at Disney's Dining Reservations or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
This restaurant is part of the Disney Dining Plan. Click on the link for more information about how the plan works.
All Disney Restaurants are non-smoking.
Here are a couple of fun facts about 50's Prime Time Cafe -
- All the TV's have the "Disney" brand on them.
- Your waitress will be "Mom" while all the other servers will be "cousins" or "uncles". Sounds a bit like 'Ohana.
Dad's Bottom Line
It's a good thing this restaurant has some great themeing, because the food doesn't taste as good as it sounds. (That's Dad's opinion and he's sticking to it.)