Animal Kingdom Plan
Dad and Mrs. Mom's Disney Palooza 2012
Check out Dad's Animal Kingdom Plan for the our Palooza.
Animal Kingdom is the easiest of the parks for Dad to create a plan for. While it is the biggest (in area) of all the parks, it really doesn't have that many attractions. According to Disney's website, the Magic Kingdom has 37 "attractions", Animal Kingdom has 23. (They count all the viewing areas separately.)
Animal Kingdom is not as easy to navigate the other parks. There really is only one way to navigate around the park. This makes planning pretty easy.
Animal Kingdom Plan
Animal Kingdom is the second park we will visit on the Palooza. Normally we would hit the ground running, but for this trip, we are doing something totally different. We are going to eat breakfast in the park. I don't recommend this if you are tight on time, but if you have plenty of time, this can be a fabulous experience.
This is an Extra Magic Hour day for Animal Kingdom so, Dad got an 8:00 reservation at Donald's Safari Breakfast in Tusker House. What a great way to start the day. Breakfast at the Safari. Cool.
Slog Round the Park
As soon as breakfast is over (and we eat real fast) we will go directly to Kilimanjaro Safari and begin the slog around the park. Here's the list ...
- Kilimanjaro Safari (every day should start with the Safari)
- Pangani Forest Exploration Trail (this doesn't take too long)
- Wildlife Express Train (we've never done this before)
- Rafiki's Planet Watch (a quick trip through)
- Flights of Wonder
- Expedition Everest (hopefully the line won't be too long, if it is we'll grab a FASTPASS)
- Maharajah Jungle Trek (yes, Mrs. Mom, you have to go in the "bat room")
- Finding Nemo - The Musical
- Primeval Whirl (no Mrs. Mom, I will not join you)
- It's Tough to Be a Bug (if it's open)
- Legends of the Lion King
- Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
Mmmm? I wonder if we can do the Nine By Noon challenge at Animal Kingdom?
If all goes right, we should be done with Animal Kingdom by mid-afternoon. So what will we do with the rest of day 3? Good question.
Our Animal Kingdom Plan brings the favorite day of our trip. It's the favorite not so much because of the park, no it's our favorite because of where we are gonna eat dinner. On Animal Kingdom day we always eat dinner at 'Ohana.
Our favorite dessert
'Ohana is our favorite restaurant in the world. We always get an 8 o'clockish reservation so we can stick around and watch Wishes from 'Ohana.
Dad's Bottom Line
The Animal Kingdom Plan is pretty simple. Start at the Safari and work your way around the park. The walking trails can be skipped and done at the end of the day during busy times.