Carousel of Progress
Disney World's Carousel of Progress touts a "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".
Tomorrowland has been a problem for Disney through the years. Tomorrow has a bad habit of becoming yesterday. For example, in this attraction, the kitchen of tomorrow, in the last scene, persists in becoming the kitchen of last week.
This is still one of the best places, in Dad's opinion, in the Magic Kingdom to spend 20 minutes. The theater is cool, the show is interesting, and the seats are comfortable. The best part is, you almost never have to wait in line.
|Photo by ExpressMonorail|
It's truly amazing what has happened over the past 100 years, and it fun to watch the progression.
After sitting for a while you might need a pit stop. Dad, being ever helpful will point you to the nearest...
- Restroom - is next to Space Mountain in the big building to the right of the entrance.
- Refreshments - There are refreshment carts scattered around Tomorrowland, but there is a drink stand in Rocket Tower Plaza (that's the building under Astro Orbiter)
Here are some interesting tidbits -
- Moved from Disneyland and opened in the Magic Kingdom on January 15, 1975
- Rumors abound about the attraction closing
- There are 32 audio-animatronic figures
Dad's Ride Information Table
Carousel of Progress
|Description: Watch the progression of technology over the last 100 years|
|Height Requirement - none||Fastpass:no||Length of Ride: 21 minutes|
|Type of ride: Rotating Theater around a stage|
The Carousel of Progress was the first of Uncle Walt's big shows. It debuted at the World's Fair in 1964. It was sponsored by GE. This was Walt's favorite attraction. He vowed it would never close and so far, it hasn't. This is the last ride at the Magic Kingdom that Uncle Walt physically worked on.
There's a Great Big Beautiful Christmas
The Fine Print
Here's some small print information
- Video and handheld captioning are available with this attraction
- Guest may rent translation devices at Guest Relations
- Assisting Listening Receivers and translation devices may be used at this attraction, they are available at Guest Relations
- Guest may stay in the wheelchair, motorized scooter or ECV to enjoy this attraction.
BEST. CALENDAR. EVER.
Dad's Bottom Line
Every year there are rumors about this classic Tomorrowland ride closing. Every year, it opens again and again. Nostalgia is a powerful emotion, and this ride is truly nostalgia in action. Uncle Walt knew that his generation had seen technological progress like no other and wanted to pass that message on.
Good job Uncle Walt.