Country Bear Jamboree
The Country Bear Jamboree is a long running Magic Kingdom classic. It was one of the last projects Uncle Walt worked on before his death. The original plan for the bears was to headline a Disney ski resort in California, but the plan never developed. The bears were then shipped to the Florida Project where they have been a big hit for years.
These guys and gals are right at home in the laid back setting of Frontierland. Country music classics delight fans of all ages. Songs like "The Ballad of Davey Crockett" and "Bear Band Serenade" bring the house down.
Grizzly Hall is the home of this classic attraction. It's a great big hall that seats a whole bunch of people, so don't be discouraged if the line seems real long.
The Five Bear Rugs - Photo by Joe Penniston
The Bears put on a 17 minute show full of corny songs, wise cracking jokes, and just an all around good time. There are 5 "stages" where the audio-animatronic characters seranade the audience with country ballads from. In one of the last scenes, Trixie sings a ballad while swinging from a perch suspended from the ceiling.
There is something for everyone here.
Wendell singing the Fractured Folk Song - Photo by Joe Penniston
Here are some interesting tibits -
- The Country Bear Christmas show started in Disneyland in 1984 and was performed in both Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom until 2005. It has been halted over copyright issues. Too bad. It was great.
- There are 15 songs performed during the show by 24 audio-animatronic characters.
- On the wall are 3 animal heads. Buff (a buffalo), Max (a deer) and Melvin (a moose) who interact with the show.
This attraction first opened at Walt Disney World on October 1, 1971 when the park opened. This was the first attraction to debut at Disney World then be copied at Disneyland.
- In 2002 Disney released a movie called the Country Bears based on the characters in the show.
- In 2008 the show was refurbished with a new sound system and much more.
The Sun Bonnet Trio- Photo by Don Sullivan
Country Bear Jamboree
|Description: Watch the bears sing and dance to a western beat|
|Height Requirement - none||Fastpass:no||Length of Ride: 17 minutes|
|Type of ride: Sit down show in a nice cool air-conditioned room|
Other Information: A nice place for a quick, cool nap. The benches are kinda hard.
Gomer - Photo by Jeff_B.
The Fine Print
Here's some small print information
- A Reflective Captioning is available for this attraction
- Assisting Listening Receivers may be used at this attraction, they are available at Guest Relations
- Guest may stay in the wheelchair, motorized scooter or ECV to enjoy this attraction.
Dad's Bottom Line
The new version of the bears is not as good as the old. It's a bit boring. It's a great place to take a rest on a hot Florida afternoon.