Dad’s Guide has been around for over 5 years and we’ve never had any rules. It seems the time has come to “lay down the law”. We need a set of rules, a group of guidelines, or as some might call it “The Code”. Yes, what we need is a code or as I think we’ll call it, Dad’s Code.
1. Be nice. As Thumper said a long time ago – If you can’t say something nice … Don’t say nothin’ at all.”
We won’t tolerate bad behavior. It’s just not right. If we don’t like it we will delete it. If it’s too bad we will ban you.
1a. No Bad Language – We will delete all comments with bad language. Even the ones that get past the filters. (No I’m not going to post the video of the 7 things you can’t say on television.)
2. No Soliciting/Selling/Advertising. This is Dad’s place to sell stuff, if you want a place to sell something build your own site. The death penalty (banning) will be applied to violators of Rule #2. (You can always ask Dad. He might just sell stuff for you.)
3. No asking for donations. Sorry, but this is not the place for that no matter how worthy your cause. (Again, ask Dad, he’s a softie.)
4. Please don’t shout. WHEN YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPITOL LETTERS IT’S CONSIDERED SHOUTING AND THAT’S JUST ANNOYING. I DON’T CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY, I WILL HIDE YOUR COMMENT. See, I told you it was annoying.
5. Pictures. Don’t post other peoples pictures. If it’s not yours to share don’t share it I don’t care how good the picture is. Yes, Dad shares great pictures from others all the time, but I have the photographers permission. We will ban you if we catch you.
6. Please don’t share links from other sites. If you think something is important enough to share from another site, send Dad a message and he’ll determine if it is.
7. TRAVEL AGENTS – Rule 2 does apply specifically to you. Do not advertise your services, contact our members, talk about your own pages, planning services or share any links. Anything Dad thinks is advertising will get you banned.
Note: If you receive a note from a Travel Agent based on something you said here let us know so we can insure it doesn’t happen again.
8. No asking for Likes or Friend request. (We won’t do it to your page, please don’t do it to ours.)
Like the Pirates Code, Dad’s Code will change from time to time. Just remember the number 1 rule of how to get along on Facebook. Always try to make the host look good and you’ll be fine. Try to make Dad look bad and …
I just love that movie.