Disney World schedule for March 2010
Sorry, this is going to be a long question about our Disney World schedule for our trip in 2010.
I'm a new Disney Dad - we went last year and have a trip planned for the week of March 13, 2010. We had no idea what we were getting into last year and I'm planning much better this year. It's me, the wife, son 9 and daughter 7. Anyway, here's our plan. Let me know if you would change anything, keeping in mind we've already made meal reservations......
- Friday, March 12 - Arrive late evening and stay off-site.
- Saturday, March 13 - Arrive at Wilderness Lodge early, check in, go to Epcot (our least favorite park). Dinner at Tuto Italia. Stay for fireworks.
- Sunday, March 14 - Breakfast at Chef Mickey's at 8:55 AM. Go to Magic Kingdom and stay for as much of late EMH as we can stomach.
- Monday, March 15 - Try to make early EMH at Animal Kingdom. Tusker House at 5:30.
- Tuesday, March 16 - Hollywood Studios. Sci Fi Diner at 6:00.
- Wednesday, March 17 - Animal Kingdom. Boma 8:40 Am breakfast. Stay for late EMH.
- Thursday, March 18 - Hollywood Studios. Hollywod and Vine at 6:00. Reserved seating for the fireworks.
- Friday, March 19 - Magic Kingdom. Crystal Palace dinner at 6:00.
- Saturday, March 20 - start driving home :(
A couple of considerations:
My family and I really liked all the roller coasters and thrill rides and would almost exclusively ride them, given the chance. In fact, my then-6 year old daughter insisted on riding in the front seat of Rock n Roller Coaster for her very first roller coaster ride. Ever.
Daughter and wife like most of the shows, while dad and son liked Indiana Jones and we all liked the Thrill show.
My sister and her husband MIGHT be joining us, so we tried to hit all the parks at least once early in case she's there.
I want to visit Magic Kingdom on the last day. We did this last year and I will never forget watching Wishes with my daughter sitting on my shoulders. It's one of the reasons I convinced my wife to go back.
Couple of questions:
Would you go to any of the parks on different days than we've scheduled?
All the restaurants, other than Chef Mickey's and Tusker, are new to us. We're pretty easy when it comes to food - we're the "the more, the merrier" variety and not food snobs - and will be on the dining plan. Any of these restaurants you wouldn't visit?
Any suggestions and/or changes for us?
Thanks for making this site. I've enjoyed it very much!
Dad's Hard Working Answer
Dan, congratulations on becoming a new Disney Dad. It's a great life. Oh, and thanks for the kind words about the site.
First your Disney World schedule.
There is one glaring thing I would change. On Sunday the 14th you plan to be in the Magic Kingdom and do Extra Magic Hours. They start at 11 pm and go until 2 am. Then on Monday the 15th you are going to be in the Animal Kingdom at 8 am. In Dad's humble (OK, maybe not so humble) opinion that's a recipe for disaster. Here's my suggestion.
Stick with the Magic Kingdom on the 14th. Stay up as late as everyone wants. Then on the 15th go to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Don't even try to be there before noon (2 would be better, you'll be back on Thursday). By Monday morning everyone will need some rest. I checked the Disney web site and you can still get a reservation at Sci-Fi Dine Inn on Monday.
That's the only glaring issue I see with your schedule. It looks good.
About the restaurants...
I wouldn't really change anything. There are a couple we haven't tried yet, but I haven't heard anything glaringly bad about any of the ones you've chosen.
Dad's Bottom Line
Overall your Disney World schedule for March looks really good. I hope you have a great time. Make sure to come back and share your experiences.