210 0 3 219 1
The Disney Yacht Club Resort and the Beach Club Resort are twin Disney Deluxe Resorts joined by Stormalong Bay. These nautical style hotels are located across from Disney’s Boardwalk Inn and the Boardwalk area close to the back gate of EPCOT. The Yacht Club is designed to look like building from Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard (the windows are portholes).
The Boardwalk area is an interesting place. There are 3 Disney Hotels, 2 hotels owned by Westin and a bunch of shops, restaurants and clubs. This is one of the few places for adult entertainment in all of Disney World.
The Boardwalk is located on Crescent Lake which is located between Disney Hollywood Studios and EPCOT. It’s home to some really upscale hotels, some good food and some entertainment that’s geared more toward adults.
Dad’s Disney Boardwalk page
Guestrooms at the Disney Yacht Club Resort provide guests with a number of different bed options, as well as the option of handicap accessible rooms. As in most of the Deluxe Resorts, day beds are standard in many rooms, while rollaway beds and cribs are available on request. Each room has a balcony or patio, and all televisions have cable and the Disney Channel.
If you need a bigger room but still want to stay in the Yacht Club area, check out the Beach Club Villas.
Dad’s Beach Club Villas page
The Disney Yacht Club Resort provides a variety of dining experiences for all their guests.
- The Yachtsman Steakhouse features prime steaks and seafood and is considered one of the best restaurants in all of Disney World.
- The Captains Grill provides breakfast, lunch and dinner complete with a children’s menu. On Sundays, the Grill serves a special all-you-can-eat buffet that features many of the house specialties.
- The Crew’s Cup Lounge, plus the Ale and Compass Lounge, provide adults with a limited ala carte breakfast menu and appetizers. Rare and premium ales, beer and liquors from some of the most famous seaports are served in seafaring comfort.
You can find all kinds of activities to keep you entertained during your stay at the Disney Yacht Club Resort.
- Crescent Lake provides the perfect place to lounge in the sun, play in the sand or get wet. Pontoon and Raycer boats can be rented and cruises of the area are also available. Sand volleyball, jogging trails and swimming pool provide many ways to have fun in the sun. Outdoorsmen will appreciate the many Bass Fishing Excursions available at the marina.
- The Lafferty Place Arcade is open 24 hours a day and features the latest in game play. Both old and young alike will enjoy the arcade favorites as well as the most recent video games.
- Spend a relaxing evening on the beach taking in a movie. Movies are also shown in the pool area. Contact the front desk for movie titles and times.
Stormalong Bay is a 3 acre pool that is almost a mini-water park. It’s located on the shore of Crescent Lake and connects the Beach Club and the Yacht Club. The pool area is sand bottomed. You can spend hours in the lazy river or just soak up the sun on the white sand beaches. This is the biggest pool area at Walt Disney World.
Getting around from the Yacht Club is relatively easy. You can walk or take a water launch to EPCOT (a short walk) and Disney Hollywood Studios (a long walk). Disney’s Luxury Motor Coaches (buses) will take you to the other parks.
It can be a real challenge to get to one of the other resorts. For example to get to ‘Ohana, Dad’s favorite restaurant, you would have to take a bus to the Magic Kindgom and then grab either the monorail, or a boat over to the Polynesian Village Resort. This could take a while, so if you are eating in one of the hotel restaurants, you’ll need to be sure to budget enough time.
The Disney Yacht Club Resort is located in the Boardwalk area. It’s next to the Beach Club which is the first hotel you get to when you leave EPCOT from the International Gate.
View Disney World Boardwalk area in a larger map
Address and Phone Number
Disney Yacht Club Resort
1700 EPCOT Resorts Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32830
(407) 934-3450 – fax
Dad’s Bottom Line
The Disney Yacht Club and the Beach Club give this area a real beach feel. If you want to get a northeastern beach resort feel for your vacation check out one of these interesting resorts.