Guy Food at Walt Disney World
For the last few weeks, I have been thinking about Guys and Walt Disney World. It's the topic of this month's WDW Magazine
(which, full disclosure, I own). I wrote a couple of articles for the magazine about men/guys/boys and WDW. One thing I haven't talked about yet was guy Food at Walt Disney World.
Talk about "Guy Friendly" Food, it doesn't get any better than 'Ohana - Photo by Brett Svenson
This is going to be FUN!
I know, Walt Disney World doesn't have a reputation for being a "guy friendly" destination, but I think that's totally messed up. As I started researching I found out that there's a whole lot of "guy friendly" things at Walt Disney World. In fact, Walt Disney World is amazingly "guy friendly".
Everywhere you turn there's another "guy friendly" attraction. Just think.
It's also true of the restaurants. Here, follow me as we take a tour and talk about the restaurants that either have "guy friendly" food or decor.Magic Kingdom
- Casey's Corner - baseball, hot dogs and french fries
- Lunching Pad - eat with a rocket on top of the restaurant
- Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - ribs, chicken and out of this world entertainment
- Be Our Guest - yes, even Be Our Guest, right when you walk in the door there are suits of armor
- Crystal Palace - Winnie the Pooh, all the food you can eat...
- Gaston's Tavern - do I really need to explain?
- Pinocchio Village Haus - Pinocchio themed
- Columbia Harbor House - Lobster Rolls
- Turkey Leg Cart - giant turkey legs
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale In - was more "guy friendly" before the new menu but still pretty good
- Aloha Isle - one word, Dole Whip, sorry two words
- Skipper Canteen - the Jungle Cruise restaurant, yeah boy
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Coral Reef - watching the fishies while you eat
- Taste Track - food from a car wash
- Electric Umbrella - may have to take this one off the list if they keep messing with the menu
- San Angel Inn - mexican food in the dark with the fireworks of Rio de Tiempo on the roof
- Nine Dragons Restaurant - Dragons...
- Biergarten - this just screams guy
- Via Napoli - pizza is the quintesential guy food
- Teppan Edo - chefs with sharp knives prepare your food right in front of you
- Restaurant Marrakesh - belly dancers
- Yorkshire County Fish Shop - really good fish and chips
- Le Cellier - an underground steakhouse
- Sci Fi Dine In - scary movies sitting in a drive in, really cool
- Hollywood and Vine - a buffet and characters from Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Star Wars
- PizzaRizzo - a Muppets Pizza parlor, fun
- Touca Turkey Legs - more turkey legs
- Catalina Eddies - pizza and stuff in the marketplace
- Fairfax Fare - chicken, ribs, hot dogs, real man food
- Tusker House - buffet with Donald
- Yak and Yeti - just the setting is so "guy friendly"
- Restaurantosauras - dinosaurs and hamburgers...
- Flame Tree BBQ - anytime you say BBQ you have my attention
- Rainforest Cafe - eating in a rainforest with thunderstorms, yeah
- Rainforest Cafe - again
- T-Rex - one look and you'll know what I'm talking about
- Wolfgang Puck Express - the half a chicken is total guy food
- Morimoto Asia - I know, sushi, celebrity chef, doesn't sound very guy friendly, but look at the decor
- Raglan Road - an Irish pub complete with Irish dancing
- STK Orlando - STK stands for steak they just left the vowels out
- The Boathouse - boats, motors, and amphicars wow
- Blaze Fast-Fire'd Pizza - create your own pizza
- Crossroads at House of Blues - soul food with some soulful music
- Planet Hollywood - the new observatory is COOL
- Splitsville - bowling and food, what a great combination
- The Smokehouse - just the name qualifies
Last but certainly not leastThe Hotels
- Food Courts at the Value Resorts - it's a food court
- Boma - a buffet in a really cool setting
- Cape May Cafe - a SEAFOOD buffet with crab legs
- Big River Grill and Brewing Works - hey another one that qualifies just on the name
- ESPN Club - it doesn't get any more "guy friendly" than food and ESPN
- Chef Mickey's - the big guy himself comes and visits
- Pepper Market - it's a cool setting and the food is really good
- Pioneer Hall home of the Hoop Dee Doo Revue - ribs and fried chicken and a surprising salad
- Trails End Restaurant - a buffet of meat and dessert, what they had veggies? Must have missed that
- 'Ohana - meat on sticks serve in copious quantities, yes!
- Turf Club Bar and Grill - another one that qualifies on the name
- Whispering Canyon Cafe - what a cool place to eat, guy food all around
- Yachtsman Steakhouse - big steaks, need I say more
After that who thinks that there's not Guy Food at Walt Disney World? It's everywhere! In the parks, in the hotels, in Disney Springs, everywhere.
Whew. After that I'm kind of hungry. Hey, Mrs. Mom do we have any of that Kale salad left over? Just kidding.
I mentioned that issue of WDW Magazine. If you are looking for things that boys or men would like at Walt Disney World, say for a son or husband that are balking about going, you might want to share it with them.
Lots of 'guy friendly" information here
I also wrote a post over on the WDW Magazine Blog about what is there for boys to do at WDW
Dad's Bottom Line
The Bottom Line is Walt Disney World is truly a place where guys of all ages can be comfortable. From the food to the rides, we don't get shortchanged.