The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin opened in 2001 and is Adventureland's newest ride. It lets you take a ride on a magic carpet/flying carpet. Who hasn't dreamed of taking a ride on a magic carpet or a flying carpet?
This ride is the Dumbo of Adventureland. It's based on the same technology and loads just as slow.
Photo by Samantha Decker
Like Dumbo this ride is slow loading and lines develop quickly. The waiting area is in the open, but has more shade than Dumbo.
- Aladdin and Jasmine like to hide out by this ride. This is a good place to get an autograph from them.
- The waiting area is decorated with tiles that are aged to look like they are from the movie.
- There is a DIsney cast memeber at the entrance that has a hand-held counter to make sure the ride does not get over booked.
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin - the ride
It's a whole new world... Thinking about Aladdin and a magic carpet makes ole Dad want to sing. "I can show you the world..." Man.. you should hear Dad sing.
This ride is based loosely on the movie Disney released in 1992. The idea is to take a magic carpet/flying carpet ride through Adventureland. OK, so it's not a soaring around like Aladdin and Jasmine, but it's still cute.
There are 16 ride vehicles that are attached to a Genie bottle. A camel sits off to the side and spits on unsuspecting guests.
The ride goes round and round for just over a minute. Younger kids love it.
The ride is located in Adventureland across from Swiss Family Treehouse and beside the Enchanted Tiki Room.
Here are a few fun fact about Adventureland's newest attraction,
- This ride seats four people, two in the front and two in the back. The two front riders control the height of the carpet and the two in the back control the forward and backward pitch of the carpet.
- There is a similar ride at Disneyland Resort Paris called Flying Carpets Over Agrabah.
- The Golden Camel is not on a clock system as one might think. It is actually controlled by a near by cast member.
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
|Description: A quick ride on a flying carpet/magic carpet|
|Height Requirement - None||Fastpass:No||Length of Ride: 80 seconds|
|Type of ride: Carnival ride where tethered vehicles rotate around a central point|
Other Information: This is a ride for the younger set. Lines develop quickly and move slowly.
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin move really fast
Photo by Joe Penniston
- Handicapped guest must transfer from their vehicle into the carpet.
- No flash photography allowed.
- Guest with small children may take turns with the baby swap.
- Fastpass is not available for this ride
Adventureland is full of rides that don't really have a connecting theme. But, these rides are still full of Disney magic. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin is a ride that will appeal to younger kids. If your children are under 10 line up and wait. If the kids are older, be glad that you can skip this one.