At Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party the scariest thing is the guests, and most of them are under 4 foot tall. This party is a kid-friendly “Spooky” party. Guests are invited to wear costumes. (Please adults, Disney World is full of kids who don’t need an anatomy lesson.) Costumes should not hinder vision, and no items resembling weapons will be allowed (with the exception of plastic lightsabers and toy swords).
You can have the Magic Kingdom all to yourself, just you and about 20,000 of your friends, from 7:00pm until midnight. You even get to Trick-or-Treat your way around the Magic Kingdom.
Dates for 2020
Here are the dates for 2020 –
- August 13, 18, 21, 25, 28
- September 1, 4, 7, 11, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27, 29
- October 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31
- November 1
Tickets are now available. Prices start at $85.
Some nights, especially Thursday and Friday nights, will be very crowded. Halloween night will be jam packed.
The attractions and experiences available are subject to change, but here’s what was open during the 2019 party:
Most of the counter-service food locations stay open, but the table-service restaurants close.
Boo To You
Special Ghostly Activities
There are some very special Disney World events and details during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, like
- Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade – Starring the characters from the Haunted Mansion. The parade starts with a ride from the Headless Horseman.
- Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular – Returning from 2019, this is a spectacular fireworks and projection show. Featuring Mickey and friends, hosted by Jack Skellington
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular – A stage show featuring the Sanderson Sisters and favorite Disney villains
- Disney Characters and Villains around the park in special costumes available for meet-and-greets
- Trick-or-Treating around the Magic Kingdom
- There are “live” ghost performers on the lawn of Haunted Mansion
- Several live actors are added to the queue and on-ride at Pirates of the Caribbean, adding an interactive element to the classic attraction
- A special soundtrack and special effects will be added to Space Mountain
- New lighting effects on Mad Tea Party
- Disney Junior Jam dance party in Storybook Circus
Boo To You Parade Highlights
More MNSSHP Information
Dad answers all kinds of questions and has answered a bunch of questions about Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. Check out a few of the best.
- What will Daytime Crowds be like on MNSSH Dates?
- Is Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party for Adults?
- Can Annual Passholders Enter During MNSSHP?
Dad even has a list of his Top 5 Favorite Things at MNSSHP. Check it out.
Dad’s Bottom Line
Unlike its counterpart across town (Universal Studios), this party is appropriate for kids of all ages. It’s a blast, and there are treats too.