Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor is the newest attraction in Tomorrowland. It’s also a whole new technology in theme park attractions.
Welcome to the theme park show of the future. (Kinda works with the whole Tomorrowland theme.) Cartoon characters interact with guests live during the show. It’s almost like having a group of live performers
Come help the Monsters of Monstropolis (great imagination Disney) power their city through your laughter. If you don’t laugh loud enough the poor monsters will die. It’s so sad.
Photo by Judd Helms
Because the theater seats 400, crowds are not a big factor. You shouldn’t have to wait for more than 2 shows even at the most busy times of the year.
The premise of the show is that when you enter the Laugh Floor you are transported into the monsters world in, of all places, a comedy club. Inside the club there are big machines that collect laughter and convert it into clean safe power for Monstropolis (the monsters home). The more laughter, the more energy accumulates for Monstropolis. Roz, the skeptical manager, keeps thing interesting.
Mike Wazowski (the green eye) is the monster of ceremonies for the short interactive comedy show. He leads the audience through several gags and even tells jokes that have been sent in by the audience. In the preshow area guests are encouraged to send in jokes via text message that can be used in the show.
No two shows are exactly alike.
Here are some interesting tibits –
- The theater has 400 seats.
- Live actors work in front of a green screen to make the show interactive.
- In 2008 the Visual Effects Society nominated the show for Outstanding Visual Effects in a Special Venue Project.
This attraction first opened at Walt Disney World on April 21, 2007. It’s already on it’s third name. Originally it was called Laugh Floor Comedy Club. During the soft opening the words Comedy Club were added to the end of the title. In March, right before it opened, it was renamed to it’s current name.
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
|Description: A high-tech comedy show based on the movie.|
|Height Requirement – none||Fastpass:no||Length of Ride: 10 minutes|
|Type of ride: Sit down show in a nice cool air-conditioned room|
Other Information: A nice place for a quick, cool nap. The benches are kinda hard.
The Fine Print
Here’s some small print information
- Video Captioning is available on selected monitors in this attraction.
- Sign Lanuguage interpretation is available during select shows on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Assisting Listening Receivers may be used at this attraction, they are available at Guest Relations.
- Guest may stay in the wheelchair, motorized scooter or ECV to enjoy this attraction.
This is one of the most interesting new attractions that Disney has opened in a long time. The shows are funny and entertaining. Check it out.