96 0 12 114 0
The Rose and Crown Pub tries to be a neighbor pub like you would find in most small towns in England. A place where the men can grab a pint or the family can sit down and grab some good food. Adults can sit at the bar, the family can sit in the dining room, or outside on the patio. (I guess adults could sit by themselves in the dining room our outside on the patio, too, but then what would you do with the kids?)
The bar is large roomy and usually very busy. The restaurant area is cozy and not terribly comfortable. The outside area is one of the best locations in Epcot to watch Illuminations.
Rose and Crown Pub
Photo by Jeff_B
“Sing us a song your the piano man.”
Yes, there’s even a piano player. All the corny jokes come to mind. “Don’t shoot me I’m just the internet guy.” (Yes, enough of that.) Hey, isn’t Elton John from the United Kingdom? Several times a day the piano man comes out and sings English ballads and songs, come on, join in.
The Lunch Menu
Lunch is filled with great English sounding dishes like Bangers and Mash and Shepherd’s Pie. Makes you mouth water just talking about it. Prices are pretty reasonable for non-hamburger entrees at Walt Disney World.
- Rose and Crown Meat and Cheese Selection for Two – English style cheese and sausages with accompaniments
- Apple and Stilton Salad – mixed greens tossed with candied walnuts, apples, English stilton cheese and cranberry vinaigrette
- Potato and Leek Soup – Cup or bowl
- Scotch Eggs – Frisee and green bean salad served with mustard sauce
- Mixed Greens Salad – with croutons, crispy bacon, onion, irish cheddar, and warm bacon vinaigrette
- Bangers and Mash – traditional English sausages, with braised cabbage and bacon, mashed potatoes and shallot gravy
- Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie – creamy mushroom-vegetable ragout topped with mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese served with mixed greens and roasted portobello mushroom
- Shepherd’s Pie – ground lamb with carrots topped with mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese
- Grilled Chicken Breast – house-made bacon and cheddar scone, basil mayonnaise and tomato and red onion salad
- Harry Ramsden’s Fish & Chips – Battered fresh Cod served with English Chips
- Rose and Crown Pub Burger – served with bacon, cheddar, oven-dried tomato, English chips and house-made malted ketchup
- Corned Beef Sandwich – warmed corned beef on toasted sunflower bread and Swiss, cabbage, and spicy mustard served with House-made crisps
The Dinner Menu
The dinner menu is heartier than lunch. It has some serious meat. Pork, steak, pot roast, chicken and fish are all part of some great sounding dishes. Oh, yeah, there are even some of those green things (vegetables).
- Rose and Crown Meat & Cheese Selection for Two – English-style cheese and sausages with individual accompaniments
- Scotch Egg – golden-fried hard-boiled egg wrapped in sausage with mustard sauce
- Apple and Stilton Salad – mixed breens tossed with walnuts, apples, cheese, and cranberry vinaigrette
- Mixed Greens – with bread croutons, bacon, onions, cheddar, and warm bacon vinaigrette
- Potato and Leek Soup – cup or bowl
- Butter-poached Shrimp – with a barley risotto
- Sunday Roast – with Yorkshire Pudding, Roasted Potatoes, seasonal Vegetable, and Shallot Gravy
- Surf and Turf – Grilled Steak and Fried Fish with Yorkshire Pudding, Irish Potato Gratin, seasonal Vegetables, and Shallot Gravy
- Bangers and Mash – Traditional English Sausages with Braised Cabbage and Bacon served with Mashed Potatoes and Shallot Gravy
- Chicken and Mushroom Pie – Creamy Wild Mushrooms and Chicken Ragoût topped with Puff Pastry
- Cottage Pie – Ground Beef with Onions, Carrots, and Green Peas topped with Duchess Potatoes
- Grilled Pork Loin – with Hash Brown Potato, Stewed Fruits, Nuts, Apple Butter, and Stilton Cheese
- Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie – Creamy Mushroom-Vegetable Ragout topped with Mashed Potatoes and Cheddar Cheese served with Mixed Greens and Roasted Portobello Mushroom
- Fish and Chips – Battered fresh Cod served with English Chips
Disney Restaurant odds and ends
You can make Advanced Dining Reservation 180 days prior to your arrival. This restaurant reservations are required most of the year. These can be made online at Disney’s Dining Reservations or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
This restaurant is part of the Disney Dining Plan. Click on the link for more information about how the plan works.
All Disney Restaurants are non-smoking.
Dad’s Bottom Line
Mrs. Mom and Dad actually tried to eat here many years ago. The only seats were at the bar and we were looking for somewhere to sit down and eat, so we’ve never actually eaten here. That being said, Dear ‘Ole Dad’s going to give his opinion anyway. (Ain’t he somethin’)
The Rose and Crown Pub might be a good place to grab a pint at the bar, but the food is nothing to write home about and the atmosphere in the dining room is pretty bland. Disney could have done a much better job with the dining room. If you can grab a seat on the patio just before Illuminations.