The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
The Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Villas are a recent addition to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort, which is one of the most beautiful and unique properties at Walt Disney World. Guests of the Villas can enjoy the Resorts many amenities and activities, while staying in deluxe accommodations with the comforts of home (after all, they’re part of the Disney Vacation Club).
Located along the shores of Bay Lake, between Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, the Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge are located in a quiet little nook in the middle of the magic.
The Wilderness Lodge is beautiful front and back.
Photo by iceninejohn
Disney Vacation Club
The Disney Vacation Club is the timeshare arm of the Disney Company. Yes, timeshare. You can prepay for your Disney World vacations by investing in the Disney Vacation Club (no, I'm not quoting a brochure). Disney will even buy your timeshare points back (Disney uses a point system) for the going rate. Disney has been expanding vacation club resorts at a remarkable rate over the last few years and now has 8 villa locations on Disney World property.
If you’re looking for the spirit of the American North West and activities in the great outdoors coupled with the relaxation and luxury found at a deluxe resort, the Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge offer the perfect home-away-from-home for your perfect family vacation. With 2 pools, a waterslide, watercraft and bike rentals, fantastic restaurants, and even a geyser, you’ll feel like you’ll have plenty to keep busy with – and you can experience all the activities that Disney’s Fort Wilderness has to offer too!
The Villas are located in a 5-story tower next to the main lobby, and offer studio, one bedroom, two bedroom, and 2 bedroom lock-off suites (basically a one bedroom and studio combined into a two bedroom via a connecting door). Each of the 136 villas are decorated to pay tribute to the craftsmanship of the Great American National Park Lodges from the turn of the 20th century.
The Wilderness Lodge Villas Lobby and Room Layouts
Villas, Rooms, Suites and what’s in them
The rooms in the villas are big and have some nice features, but like all of the Walt Disney World Villas, there are a lot of sleeper chairs and sofas (Dad isn’t a fan of those). The kitchens and extra space come in handy, especially with little ones in tow!
- Studio - a fairly standard Disney hotel room with a mini-fridge, coffee maker, wet bar, and microwave. They have a washer/dryer as well as an iron/ironing board. The room comes with one queen bed and a full sized sleeper sofa to sleep up to 4 people (this is probably not a great option for 4 adults unless you like sleeping on sleeper sofas.). They also have a private porch or balcony, which is a nice feature.
- One Bedroom – includes a mini kitchen with refrigerator, stove/oven, coffeemaker, and microwave, a dining area, a living room, a full bathroom, and a sink/vanity area with a whirlpool tub. They have a washer/dryer as well as an iron/ironing board. The room comes with one king bed and a queen sized sleeper sofa to sleep up to 4 people (again, only if you like sleeping on sleeper sofas). These villas have a private balcony also.
- Two Bedroom – includes a mini kitchen with refrigerator, stove/oven, coffeemaker, and microwave, a dining area, a living room, 2 full bathrooms, and a sink/vanity area with a whirlpool tub. They have a washer/dryer as well as an iron/ironing board. The room comes with one king bed, two queen beds, and a queen sized sleeper sofa to sleep up to 8 people (or 6 if you don’t like sleeping on sleeper sofas). These villas have a private balcony.
- Two Bedroom Lock-off – includes a mini kitchen with refrigerator, stove/oven, coffeemaker, and microwave, a dining area, a living room, 2 full bathrooms, and a sink/vanity area with a whirlpool tub. They have a washer/dryer as well as an iron/ironing board. The room comes with one king bed, one queen bed and 2 queen sized sleeper sofas to sleep up to 8 people (if you like sleeping on sleeper sofas – Dad doesn’t). These villas have a private balcony.
Each of the Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge come with the standard Disney amenities like…
- Telephone service and wireless internet
- An alarm clock
- A safe
- Soap, shampoo, bath products (in great Disney wrappers)
- A HAIR DRYER
- Clock Radio
- DVD Player
- Vacuum Cleaner
You might be wondering why a hotel room would have a vacuum cleaner. Disney Vacation Club members only get Mousekeeping services 2 days a week. One day for a full cleaning and one day for trash service and light cleaning. (Extra services are available for an additional charge.) If you rent the room from Disney, you will get daily Mousekeeping.
The Wilderness Lodge Pool
Photo by erin lee mcconnell
The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge share recreation amenities with Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort, including Sturdy Branches Health Club, Buttons and Bells Arcade, bike and watercraft rentals, catch and release fishing, a jogging trail, 2 pools,, 2 hot tubs, movies under the stars, Bay Lake Beach, and Fire Rock Geyser (which shoots a jet of water 120 feet into the air each hour ‘till 10pm.
Kids can have even more fun at Chip ‘n Dale’s Campfire Sing-a-long, nightly at the neighboring Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. And if Mom and Dad want a night off for themselves, the kids can go make friends playing at the Cub’s Den – a babysitting centre for kids 12 and under (there’s an extra fee for this).
The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge have some outstanding dining experiences.
- Whispering Canyon Café – Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner at this BBQ joint make you the star of the show as your servers get the whole family involved in the fun and games!
- Roaring Forks – the all-day counter service location offers fast meals and snacks (and has some unique topping for Mickey Waffles that you can’t find anywhere else at Walt Disney World!)
- Artist Point – signature dining in a rustic, romantic setting with cuisine inspired by the Pacific Northwest.
- Territory Lounge – espresso beverages, appetizers, and alcoholic beverages
- Trout Pass – this poolside snack bar is open seasonally
- Miss Jenny’s In-Room Pizza Delivery – offered from 4pm to midnight
The boat to the Magic Kingdom
Photo by Christian Lambert
From the Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, you can take a boat to the Magic Kingdom. For all of the other parks and attractions, you'll have to ride on a Luxury Motorcoach (bus). Parking is easily accessible.
The Villas at Disney’s Fort Wilderness are next to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort and is located in the Magic Kingdom resort area.
View Disney Wilderness Lodge in a larger map
Address and Phone Number
The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830
Because the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge is a Disney Vacation Club Resort there are 3 ways you can make reservations. You could buy into DVC and get your own points or you could rent points from a current owner (Dad recommends David's DVC Request to help with that).
The other way is to rent a villa from Disney. For that, go to Dad's partners at Destinations to Travel and get started on your trip today.
BEST. CALENDAR. EVER.
Dad's Bottom Line
The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge are the perfect homebase for outdoorsy famillies at Walt Disney World! Where else can you take a boat from your rustic mountain lodge straight to the Magic Kingdom?