My dad will be 75 while we are in Florida at Disney ,is he physically fit will he be allowed to go on all the rides ?
Will he be able to ride this? – Photo by Brett Svenson
Dad’s have a blast Answer
You and Dad are going to have a blast at Disney World. There are so many great rides. Yes, a few of might be a bit stressful for even a fit 75 year old, but for the most part he will be able to enjoy everything.
Lots of Disney rides have warnings. Don’t ride if you’re pregnant, if you have back or neck or heart problems, if you have high blood pressure, if you are subject to motion sickness, or if you just aren’t feeling good today (I made that one up). You should heed these warnings. (I made the mistake of ignoring one once.)
These warnings are on lots of the rides, but Disney doesn’t actually check riders to see if they “are subject” to, or inflicted with, any of these issues, but you should still take them seriously.
Especially on these rides –
- Space Mountain – a very rough roller coaster
- Splash Mountain – there are several mini-drops and one loooonnnnnggggg drop
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – another rough roller coaster
- Mission Space – this one will make you sick if you have any motion sickness issues, trust me
- Tower of Terror – up and down and up and down and up and down
- Rock ‘n Roller Coaster – surprisingly this is a very smooth roller coaster
- Expedition Everest – another rough roller coaster that goes backwards
- The Mad Tea Party – the worst ride at Disney World
Yes, it’s the worst – Photo by Tom Bricker
There is one thing Disney does check, but that shouldn’t be a problem. Disney has several rides that have height requirement. Yep, Disney doesn’t care how old you are, they just care how tall you are. Like I said, that shouldn’t be a problem.
Dad’s Bottom Line
Steve, like said before, you and Dad will have a great trip. There’s so much to do, you won’t be able to do it all, but Dad doesn’t have to worry about being kept off of anything (unless he’s under 48 inches tall).